Monday, June 30, 2014

Filled with "Dread"

Took a bit of a break from finishing Ezekiel this weekend to start/finish up a Deathwing Venerable Dreadnought!  I was so happy with how it turned out until I went and sprayed the matte varnish yesterday without thinking about the 90% humidity outside.  So disappointed!  The sealer went on cloudy white...all over the place.  Ugh.  I was able to save most of is my washing with nuln oil and armor was...but you can tell most of the rivets and metal parts have lost their detail and look a bit unfinished.  Don't get me wrong, it still looks pretty great from the tabletop...i like it, its just a serious bummer that its a step backwards from where I finished it.  Maybe someday I'll go back and touch it up again, but for now I'm content to leave it be!